Suya Slice LLC, Recalls Ready-to-Eat Beef Products Produced Without Benefit of Inspection - 7/18/23
WASHINGTON, July 14, 2023 – Suya Slice, LLC, a Memphis, Tenn. establishment, is recalling approximately 445 pounds of ready-to-eat beef products that were produced without the benefit of federal inspection, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The ready-to-eat beef jerky and marinated skewered beef products were produced between Oct. 16, 2021, and May 20, 2023. The following products are subject to recall [view labels]:
- 1.5-oz. plastic resealable bag packages of beef jerky containing “Suya Slice Kilishi Beef Jerky” on the label.
- 5-oz. plastic resealable bag packages of marinated skewered beef containing “Suya Slice Suya” on the label.
The products subject to recall do not bear the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped directly to customers via online sales and to retail locations nationwide.
The problem was discovered when FSIS followed up on a referral from the Illinois Department of Agriculture and observed beef products that did not have the USDA mark of inspection at a retail location. Upon further investigation, FSIS determined that the products were not produced in an FSIS-inspected establishment.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about a reaction should contact a healthcare provider.
FSIS is concerned that some product may be in consumers’ pantries, refrigerators, or freezers. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers and members of the media with questions about the recall can contact Noheem Oni, Manager, Suya Slice, LLC, at 662-812-7845 or email@example.com.
* We believe that none of the product being recalled were processed or offered through the national office
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
About Feeding America Recall Notices
The Feeding America national office issues notifications of all national Class I and II recalls–those involving a health hazard situation in which there is reasonable probability that eating the food will cause health problems or death–and other recalls that may affect the safety of food supplied to network members.
The national office strongly encourages all member product solicitors, operations managers, and others involved in food and grocery distribution to regularly consult resources provided by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) at http://www.fda.gov/opacom/7alerts.html, and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) at http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/index.asp. Additionally, members can often receive information on national, state, and local recalls by contacting their local health departments.
Feeding America National Office
161 N Clark, Suite 700
Chicago, IL 60601