Find Food: Additional Support


The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is the federal program that provides supplemental grocery support to low-income households, and is funded through the Farm Bill. In North Carolina, this program operates under Food & Nutrition Services (FNS), and provides an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card to households who qualify to receive support.  

MANNA’s Food Helpline team is specially trained to help people navigate the process of applying for, and recertifying, for SNAP. If you know someone who would benefit from receiving this supplemental food support, you can connect with our team.  

Connect with our Food Helpline

NC 2-1-1 

NC 211 is an information and referral service provided by United Way of North Carolina. Families and individuals can dial 2-1-1 or 1-888-892-1162 to obtain free and confidential information on health and human services and resources within their community. MANNA FoodBank is a proud partner of United Way of North Carolina.  


What Is WIC?

WIC stands for Women, Infants and Children. It is the Special Supplemental Program for Women, Infants and Children, funded by the United States Department of Agriculture. It is commonly referred to as the WIC Program.

*MANNA FoodBank does not provide direct services for those applying for the WIC program. To sign up for WIC benefits, please contact the health department of the county in which you reside. County health department listings are below.  

Who Is WIC For?

  • Children up to 5 years of age
  • Infants
  • Pregnant women
  • Breastfeeding women who have had a baby in the last 12 months
  • Women who have had a baby in the last 6 months

What Does WIC Provide?

  • Healthy foods
  • Health care referrals
  • Breastfeeding support
  • Eating tips for you and your child

Am I Eligible for WIC?

To be eligible, you or your child must:

  • Live in North Carolina
  • Live in a household with income at or below WIC guidelines

Visit this website for more information on eligibility in North Carolina.

WIC Resources By County

Avery County Health Department
545 Schultz Street
Newland, NC 28657
(828) 733-6052
Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 8AM – 4:30 PM

Buncombe County Health & Human Services
Buncombe County has four locations to better serve the community. Appointments are quick. Call the number below to find the location nearest you and to schedule an appointment.
(828) 250-5000

Cherokee County Health Department
WIC Clinic Hours:
Murphy Health Department Clinic
228 Hilton Street
Murphy NC 28906
(828) 837-1244
Hours of operation: Monday – Wednesday, Friday 8AM – 5PM; Thursday 8AM – 12PM, 1 – 5PM

Andrews Health Center Clinic
15 High School Drive
Andrews, NC 28901
(828) 835-4536
Hours of operation: Thursday 9AM – 12PM, 1PM – 4PM

Clay County Health Department: WIC Department
345 Courthouse Drive
Hayesville, North Carolina 28904
(828) 389-8052
Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 8AM – 12PM, 1PM – 5PM

Graham County Department of Public Health: WIC Office
21 South Main Street
Robbinsville, NC 28771
(828) 479-7900
Hours of operation: Monday, Wednesday – Friday, 8AM – 12PM, 1 – 4:30 PM

Haywood County Health Department
157 Paragon Parkway, Suite 800
Clyde, NC 28721
(828) 452-6675
Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM

Henderson County Department of Public Health: WIC Office
Call to schedule an appointment.
(828) 692-4223
Hours of operation: 8AM – 4:30 PM

Jackson County Department of Public Health
538 Scott Creek Road, Suite 100
Sylva, NC 28779
(828) 586-8994
Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM

Macon County Public Health WIC Program
1830 Lakeside Drive
Franklin, NC 28734
(828) 349-2453

Madison County Health Department
493 Medical Park Drive
Marshall, NC 28753
(828) 649-3531
Hours of operation: Monday, 8:30 – 11:30AM, 1 – 5:30PM; Tuesday – Thursday, 8:30 – 11:30AM, 1 – 4PM; Friday, 8:30 – 11:30AM

McDowell County Health Department
408 Spaulding Road
Marion, NC  28752
(828) 652-2922 ext. 1
Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 5PM

Mitchell County Health Department
130 Forest Service Drive, Suite A
Bakersville, NC 28705
(828) 688-2371

Polk County Health Department
161 Walker Street
Columbus, NC  28722
(828) 894-8271
Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 5PM

Swain County Health Department
545 Center Street
Bryson City, NC 28713
(828) 488-3198
Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 7:45AM – 4:45PM

Transylvania County Department of Public Health
Community Services Bldg.
106 East Morgan St. Suite 105
Brevard, NC 28712
Please call for an appointment: (828) 884-3135
Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 5PM

Yancey County Health Department
202 Medical Campus Dr.
Burnsville, NC 28714
(828) 682-6118

Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: