Thank you for your interest in employment at MANNA FoodBank. There is one job currently available.
MANNA JOB POSTING 6/7/18: FT DELIVERY DRIVER/WAREHOUSE (CLASS B CDL)
FT Delivery Driver (Class B CDL)/Warehouse – Driving with a purpose!
Are you an experienced delivery driver or are you an aspiring driver that would be interested in an opportunity to work, train, and earn your Class B CDL?
Do you appreciate the opportunity to drive the beautiful scenic roads throughout WNC? Do you have a passion for helping others and willing to work hard to provide food to those in need?
Then come and join our team here at MANNA FoodBank in our mission of ending hunger in WNC.
Enjoy a Monday – Friday work week along with a generous benefits package including: health, life, 401K, paid holidays, PTO and the satisfaction that comes after a long hard day knowing you helped those in need. The starting pay range for this position is between $14.00 – $15.00/hr. based on level of experience.
General responsibilities include:
- Pickups and deliveries of donated product to/from other food banks, donors, and partner agencies across MANNA’s 16 county service area in WNC
- Verifying counts of product being picked up or delivered with corresponding documents (bills of lading, invoices, transfer sheets, receipts, etc.) and submitting documents to appropriate staff; ensures proper loading of vehicle with regard to weight distribution/capacity and securing of the load
- Loading and unloading product; segregate and weigh by product type; completion of related paperwork, and storing & rotating product in designated locations under direction of Warehouse Manager
Physical Demands: The physical demands required are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
The physical demands of this position are determined to be very heavy work. This position requires exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. This includes lifting/carrying weights in excess of 50lbs frequently and lifting up to 100lbs occasionally. Additionally, this position requires the operation of a manual pallet jack with the ability to manage loads in excess of 2000lbs. This includes pushing and pulling of product throughout the warehouse and loading and unloading vehicles utilizing lift gates. While performing job duties, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and bend, twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required the visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and heavy equipment, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- High school graduate or GED required
- Must provide proof of and maintain a valid North Carolina Commercial Driver License (Class B; no restrictions) or possess a valid NC driver license with the interest and ability to obtain a CDL
- Required to have a clean driving record and provide current MVR
- Must meet all DOT FMCSA regulations
- Must be able to operate in a constant state of alertness, and in a safe manner
- Must be able to navigate and make deliveries/pickups in a timely, effective manner
- Must be able to maintain accurate, legible invoices, receipts, and related paperwork
- Experience with warehouse load handling equipment (e.g. forklifts, pallet jacks, reach trucks) highly preferred
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to interact with diverse populations of volunteers, staff, donors and agency representatives in a courteous and professional manner
To apply, please complete the application information available on our website at www.mannafoodbank.org or submit a resume and cover letter via email addressed to the MANNA Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person at 627 Swannanoa River Road, Asheville, NC between the hours of 8:00a – 4:00p.
MANNA FoodBank is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting a broadly diverse pool of qualified candidates for the position.
MANNA JOB APPLICATION FOR OPEN POSITIONS
(1) MANNA JOB APPLICATION FORM TO FILL OUT:
* MANNA Employment Application 1-2017
(2) PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND CHECK INFO:
* Background check info to fill out – PDF
* Background check info to fill out – MS Word
* Fair Credit Reporting Act informational sheet to read