Thank you for your interest in working at MANNA FoodBank. There is 1 job available at this time.
MANNA FOODBANK POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: DISTRIBUTION ASSOCIATE – 2/6/17 (apply by Feb.17)
(Note: recent applicants need not reapply. Applications received within the last 90 days are still active.)
MANNA FoodBank is seeking a dedicated professional to fill the role of Distribution Associate to join us in our mission to involve, educate, and unite people in the work of ending hunger in Western North Carolina.
Under the supervision of the Distribution Coordinator, this person assists in all functions of the Distribution area in order to facilitate agency shopping and product distribution with attention to product safety/code dates, product tracking (inventory control), stocking of product, customer service, area sanitation and accurate agency invoicing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Invoices and checks out orders for agency shoppers accurately and effectively using task-specific software.
- Keeps records of changes in product inventory, including frequent checks for opened/broken cases, damaged product, miscoded product, and product disposal
- Restocks current product and stocks newly received product in a timely manner while maintaining accuracy in product labeling and coding.
- Monitors product code dates and brings questionable product to the attention of the Distribution Coordinator.
- Loads and off-loads agency vehicles as well as MANNA trucks and inbound trucks
- Assists in directing volunteers and community service workers as needed.
- Assists in completion of special projects and warehouse maintenance as needed.
- Assists in monitoring product inventory on the Distribution floor as well as in the cooler, freezer, and produce cool room, and restocks as necessary.
- Assists in general warehouse maintenance including (but not limited to): restroom cleaning, sweeping, mopping, dusting, cobwebbing, pest control duties, equipment safety checks, daily temperature logs, and any other cleaning duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or GED required
- Copy of current driver’s license required; copy of current auto insurance; and clean MVR required
- Must be able to effectively and pleasantly communicate with a diversity of volunteers, staff, donors, and agency representatives.
- Must be able to assist staff and volunteers in achieving the goals of MANNA FoodBank
- Must be organized, accurate, and efficient in performing work duties
- Must be dependable
- Must be capable of operating computerized invoicing and inventory tracking system
- Outstanding Customer Service abilities and a positive attitude
- A desire to educate and inspire others in the mission of MANNA FoodBank
- Enjoys working with people
- Prior experience working in a warehouse environment and with warehouse equipment preferred (pallet jack, fork lift, reach truck)
- Knowledge of food bank operations a plus
Working Conditions: This position will be performed in a warehouse setting with some typical office environment exposure. This setting that can be at times hot or cold depending on the season.
Physical Demands: Position requires the ability to frequently lift and transport 30+lbs, operation of a manual pallet jacks with the ability to manage loads in excess of 1,200lbs. This includes pushing and pulling of product throughout the warehouse. While performing job duties, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and move objects as described above. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Minimal travel may be assigned within the service area as needed.
Current driver’s license required; copy of current auto insurance; and clean MVR required.
MANNA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a generous PTO program, 401K, Health, Dental, & Vision plans. The pay rate is $12.50/hr.
(Note: recent applicants need not reapply. Applications received within the last 90 days are still active. Thank you.)
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume via email only, addressed to the MANNA Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person at 627 Swannanoa River Rd., Asheville, between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- Please, no phone calls or faxes
- Application deadline: February 17, 2017
MANNA FoodBank is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting a broadly diverse pool of qualified candidates for the position.
MANNA JOB APPLICATION
(1) MANNA JOB APPLICATION FORM TO FILL OUT:
* MANNA Employment Application 1-2017
(2) PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND CHECK INFO:
* Background check info to fill out – PDF
* Background check info to fill out – MS Word
* Fair Credit Reporting Act informational sheet to read