Employment Opportunities at MANNA FoodBank
Thank you for your interest in employment at MANNA FoodBank. There is currently one position available at this time.
When jobs are posted, please carefully read the detailed description, and the list of duties & responsibilities, before applying, to make sure that you have the skills that meet our needs. The online job application link is at the bottom of this page. We hope you continue to check here for future opportunities for which you may be qualified.
MANNA embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. MANNA’s goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented and diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. As the diverse workforce evolves, MANNA is dedicated to providing a respectful and dignified environment. MANNA is committed to the total inclusion and participation of all people. The celebration of diversity is an essential component in the way MANNA does business.
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Distribution Manager this position will have a dual role working approximately 28 hours in warehouse operations and 12 hours in the volunteer center. This position will be cross trained on multiple functions in order to provide a support role for multiple areas of MANNA’s operations. While direct reporting for this position is to the Distribution Manager, this position will take regular direction from assigned department supervisors. While in operations, this position will perform functions such as: order picking, product put away and movement, loading and unloading of product, and general warehouse duties. While in the volunteer center, this position leads volunteers in the work of the Volunteer Center. He or She will train and oversee individuals and groups in the inspection, sorting, repacking and boxing of products to be distributed to our partner agencies in Western North Carolina. This position is responsible for safe product movement within the warehouse and other outside special projects and events. This position is responsible for adhering to AIB standards as well as standards set by Feeding America and MANNA FoodBank.
This is a very hands-on, physical position.
• High school diploma or GED minimum educational requirement. Valid Driver’s License/ no insurance
• Proficiency in computer operations including use of spreadsheets and word processing.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with diverse populations of volunteers, staff,
donors and agency representatives in a courteous and professional manner.
• Prior experience or proven ability to direct others in achieving the goals of the day-to-day operations.
• Must be able command the attention of groups, including children, in order to maintain a safe and
productive work environment in the MANNA Warehouses and Volunteer Center.
For full job description, click here.
Application deadline is March 10th.
MANNA Job Application for Open Positions
Note: Pre-employment background check information will be completed at time of hire.