Updated: National Frozen Foods Corporation Recalls Frozen Green Peas and Frozen Mixed Vegetables Because of Possible Health Risk - 6/27/16
Consumer contact: National Frozen Foods Corporation, 1-800-253-8269
- Added Foodtown Green Peas
- Added lot ‘BEST IF USED BY 10 06 17’ for Great Value Mixed Vegetables item 78742 05334
- Added lots ‘BEST IF USED BY 09 28 17’ and ‘BEST IF USED BY 12 08 17’ for Great Value Mixed Vegetables item 78742 10907
- Added lot ‘BEST IF USED BY 10 04 17’ for Great Value Mixed Vegetables item 78742 08026
- Added lot ‘Best by 04 OCT2017’ for Market Pantry Mixed Vegetables item 85239 00547
- Corrected the date of last distribution.
Seattle, WA (June 24, 2016) – National Frozen Foods Corporation is voluntarily recalling a limited quantity of Not-Ready-To Eat frozen green peas and frozen mixed vegetables because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
Following cooking preparation instructions on the labels will effectively reduce the risk of exposure to this bacterium.
The products being recalled were distributed in retail stores nationwide between September 2, 2015 and June 23, 2016.
The recalled items can be identified by the date codes printed on the back of the retail sized bag or the side of the master case.
Consumers should not consume these products. Consumers who purchased affected products may return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-800-253-8269 Monday – Friday 8.am to 5 p.m. (Pacific Time).
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
For full details on the recall including product photos, please visit this FDA web page.