Partner Advisory Council
Thank you for your interest in joining the MANNA Partner Advisory Council.
What is the MANNA Partner Advisory Council?
A representative body for agency partners across WNC. This council will give voice to the whole network and guide MANNA in setting goals and developing solutions that benefit all of our agency partners.
Why is MANNA starting a Partner Advisory Council?
We believe that we are stronger together and your feedback and ideas are invaluable to MANNA. The Partner Advisory Council will serve the following purposes:
- We want our partners to see themselves as part of a larger network working together to end hunger in WNC
- Create a feedback loop between MANNA and our agency partners
- Better understanding of agency challenges
- Agency peer mentoring and support
- Increased transparency and openness between MANNA and our agency partners
What are the responsibilities of council members?
- Provide recommendations and feedback to MANNA FoodBank staff regarding policies, programs, and new initiatives
- Serve as a board of agency peers to receive and address agency questions and concerns
- Identify, prioritize, and develop strategies to strength our agency network’s capacity to better feed hungry people nourishing food
- Communicate best practices to the larger network
- Represent agencies in your county / region by listening and sharing ideas and concerns
What is the time investment?
The PAC will meet every other month throughout calendar year 2019. Council meetings will be 2 hours in length, making the total time commitment for the year 12-15 hours. The first meeting will be scheduled in January 2019, then rotate every other month (March, May, July, etc) for a total of 6 meetings a year.
Where will the meetings be held?
Meeting location will rotate across our service area to highlight partner agencies and learn more about the diverse communities served across WNC.
What are the benefits?
We hope there will be many benefits, but here are a few that come to mind:
- Agencies get to know each other and mentor their peers
- Better understanding of food bank operations and agency network
- Agency council involvement with food bank strategic plans
Interested in applying?
Thank you for your interest in the MANNA FoodBank Partner Advisory Council! Please contact Amy Haynes at email@example.com for more information.