Ukrop’s Homestyle Foods Announces Voluntary Recall Six Green Salads and Chicken Caesar Wrap - 11/8/21
Company Announcement Date:
October 21, 2021
FDA Publish Date:
November 01, 2021
Food & Beverages
Reason for Announcement:
May contain small pieces of brown plastic
Ukrop’s Homestyle Foods
Green Salads and Chicken Caesar Wrap
Recall Information Regarding Product:
Out of an abundance of caution, Ukrop’s Homestyle Foods is voluntarily recalling the products listed below today.
Our production team, while preparing these items for our retailers, found a couple of pieces of brown hard plastic in a supplier ingredient, which could be a choking hazard. There have been no reports of injury due to the consumption of these products.
No other products, other than the ones listed with sell-by dates below, are impacted by this voluntary recall.
UPC/Product Codes Affected:
|UPC||Item Recalled||Net Weight||Package Sell-By Date|
|72251525049||Chef Salad||12.6 (357g)||10-24-21|
|72251525050||Chicken Caesar Salad||10.0 oz. (283g)||10-24-21|
|72251525051||Chicken and Bacon Cobb Salad||13.1 oz (371g)||10-24-21|
|72251525202||Garden Side Salad||6.95 oz. (197g)||10-24-21|
|72251525214||Mexican Side Salad||6.95 oz. (197g)||10-24-21|
|72251525133||Southwestern Style Salad||12.5 oz. (354g)||10-24-21|
|72251525064||Chicken Caesar Wrap||12.5 oz. (354g)||10-23-21|
Products Available at the following Retailers:
- Kroger Mid Atlantic Stores in Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Ohio
- Food Lion Stores in Virginia and North Carolina
- Harris Teeter in Williamsburg, VA (only)
- Ukrop’s Market Hall, Richmond, VA
All of the retail locations have been notified and are removing the product from the shelves.
Consumers who purchased the product should return it to the retailer where purchased for a full refund.
For more information: Consumers with questions should contact Ukrop’s Homestyle Foods at 804-340-3050, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.
* We believe that none of the product being recalled were processed or offered through the national office
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
About Feeding America Recall Notices
The Feeding America national office issues notifications of all national Class I and II recalls–those involving a health hazard situation in which there is reasonable probability that eating the food will cause health problems or death–and other recalls that may affect the safety of food supplied to network members.
The national office strongly encourages all member product solicitors, operations managers, and others involved in food and grocery distribution to regularly consult resources provided by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) at http://www.fda.gov/opacom/7alerts.html, and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) at http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/index.asp. Additionally, members can often receive information on national, state, and local recalls by contacting their local health departments.
Feeding America National Office
35 E. Wacker Drive, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60601