Turkey Hill Dairy Issues Voluntary Recall and Allergy Alert for Undeclared Peanut in Select Chocolate Marshmallow Premium Ice Cream Containers - 4/26/22
Company Announcement Date:
April 21, 2022
FDA Publish Date:
April 21, 2022
Food & Beverages
Ice Cream/Frozen Dairy
Reason for Announcement:
Turkey Hill Dairy
Chocolate Marshmallow Premium Ice Cream
CONESTOGA, Pa. (April 20, 2022) – Turkey Hill Dairy of Conestoga, Pa., is recalling select 48 oz containers of its Chocolate Marshmallow Premium Ice Cream because the product may contain undeclared peanuts. People who have an allergy to peanuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The recalled products are limited to 385 containers of the following product and may have been purchased by consumers between 4/14/2022 and 4/19/2022:
- Name of product: Chocolate Marshmallow Premium Ice Cream
- Container size: 48 oz
- UPC code: 020735420935
- Sell-by date: 03/02/2023 (Found marked on the bottom of the package)
This recall does not apply to any other UPC codes, “Sell-by” dates, sizes, or varieties of Turkey Hill Dairy products.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered by a consumer who contacted Turkey Hill that select containers of Chocolate Marshmallow Premium Ice Cream may have been inadvertently filled with Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream during production.
Turkey Hill Dairy has not received any reports of consumer illness to date and is conducting this recall in cooperation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
All retail stores that received the recalled products have been instructed to remove such products from their shelves. Consumers who have purchased the recalled products can return them to the place of purchase for a full refund or contact Turkey Hill Dairy at 1-800-MY-DAIRY (1-800-693-2479), Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST.
* We believe that the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office. If we identify that your organization was sent any of this recalled product we will contact you in a separate email with more specific information.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
About Feeding America Recall Notices
The Feeding America national office issues notifications of all national Class I and II recalls–those involving a health hazard situation in which there is reasonable probability that eating the food will cause health problems or death–and other recalls that may affect the safety of food supplied to network members.
The national office strongly encourages all member product solicitors, operations managers, and others involved in food and grocery distribution to regularly consult resources provided by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) at http://www.fda.gov/opacom/7alerts.html, and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) at http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/index.asp. Additionally, members can often receive information on national, state, and local recalls by contacting their local health departments.
Feeding America National Office
35 E. Wacker Drive, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60601