TaDah! Foods of Springfield, VA is Voluntarily Recalling Two Batches of Production of Spicy Brown Sugar Harissa Hummus Due to an Undeclared Milk Allergen - 11/29/21
Company Announcement Date:
November 17, 2021
FDA Publish Date:
November 22, 2021
Food & Beverages
Organic Food / Home Grown
Reason for Announcement:
Undeclared milk allergen
Spicy Brown Sugar Harissa Hummus
TaDah! Foods of Springfield, VA is voluntarily recalling two batches of production of Spicy Brown Sugar Harissa Hummus due to an undeclared milk allergen. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. There have been no reports of illness to date.
The specific products being recalled are:
- TaDah!, Spicy Brown Sugar Harissa Hummus Falafel Wrap 7.5oz with a lot code 0601TaDah!, Spicy Brown Sugar Harissa Hummus Falafel Wrap 7.5oz with a “Best By”date of September 01, 2022 (090122) UPC number 85019800307-5
- TaDah!, Spicy Brown Sugar Harissa Hummus Falafel Wrap 7.5oz with a lote code 0621TaDah!, Spicy Brown Sugar Harissa Hummus Falafel Wrap 7.5oz with a “Best By”September 03, 2022 (090322) UPC number 8-5019800307-5
“Best By” dates can be found on the left end flap, in black print.
The company understands that this is a problem, and as an abundance of caution it is taking these measures to ensure the safety of its consumers. Consumers who have purchased the potentially affected products with these code dates are asked to immediately dispose of them and should please contact TaDah! Foods s for a full replacement or refund.
TaDah! Foods is also working with their distribution network to immediately remove these specific code-dated falafel wraps from their warehouses and from retail shelves. The falafel wraps are sold at natural food stores and grocery retailers nation-wide.
Consumers requesting refunds or with additional questions can email TaDah! Foods at email@example.com or call (571) 335-1635, Monday – Friday 9am-5pm Eastern Standard Time.
* We believe that none of the product being recalled were processed or offered through the national office
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
About Feeding America Recall Notices
The Feeding America national office issues notifications of all national Class I and II recalls–those involving a health hazard situation in which there is reasonable probability that eating the food will cause health problems or death–and other recalls that may affect the safety of food supplied to network members.
The national office strongly encourages all member product solicitors, operations managers, and others involved in food and grocery distribution to regularly consult resources provided by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) at http://www.fda.gov/opacom/7alerts.html, and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) at http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/index.asp. Additionally, members can often receive information on national, state, and local recalls by contacting their local health departments.
Feeding America National Office
35 E. Wacker Drive, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60601