Spice ‘N’ More Corp. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in all Salma Natural Curry Powder, Salma Natural Jamaican Curry, Casablanca Natural Spices Curry Powder, and Casablanca Natural Spices Curry Jamaican - 11/22/21
Company Announcement Date:
November 16, 2021
FDA Publish Date:
November 16, 2021
Food & Beverages
Spices, Flavors & Salts
Reason for Announcement:
Spice N’ More Corp.
Spice N’ More Corp. of Brooklyn, NY, is recalling all ounces and all lots of 13 ounce, 16 ounce, 7 ounce and 9 ounce plastic containers of Salma and Casablanca Curry Powder, because the products may contain undeclared peanuts. People who have allergies to peanuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The recalled products:
- SALMA NATURAL CURRY POWDERin 13-ounce (368g) plastic containers with UPC code 023913159115;
- SALMA NATURAL JAMAICAN CURRY in 16-ounce (453g) plastic containers with UPC code 023913159238;
- CASABLANCA NATURAL SPICES CURRY POWDERin 7-ounce (198g) plastic containers with UPC code 639235101314; and
- CASABLANCA NATURAL SPICES CURRY JAMAICANin 9-ounce (255g) plastic containers with UPC code 639235101338;
were distributed nationwide to retailers, distributors, and online mail orders. All commercial and retail customers are advised to pay close attention to the product details included above.
No illnesses or allergic reactions involving this product have been reported to date.
The recall was initiated after routine sampling by New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets Food Inspectors and subsequent analysis by Food Laboratory personnel revealed that the peanut-containing product was distributed in containers that did not reveal the presence of peanuts.
Consumers who have purchased any of the above referenced products in the containers listed above are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 718-417-0746, Monday – Friday 8am – 4:30pm ET, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* We believe that none of the product being recalled were processed or offered through the national office
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
About Feeding America Recall Notices
The Feeding America national office issues notifications of all national Class I and II recalls–those involving a health hazard situation in which there is reasonable probability that eating the food will cause health problems or death–and other recalls that may affect the safety of food supplied to network members.
The national office strongly encourages all member product solicitors, operations managers, and others involved in food and grocery distribution to regularly consult resources provided by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) at http://www.fda.gov/opacom/7alerts.html, and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) at http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/index.asp. Additionally, members can often receive information on national, state, and local recalls by contacting their local health departments.
Feeding America National Office
35 E. Wacker Drive, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60601