New American Food Products LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Packaged Goods Received From Our Supplier GKI Foods. - 11/6/17
New American Food Products, LLC of Methuen, MA is voluntarily recalling various packaged goods because they contain undeclared milk. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
Product was distributed at retail stores throughout the United States. The product was distributed from 2/1/16 to 10/30/17.
The recall includes the following retail packaged items. The recall includes ALL Best Before Dates.
- CVS Gold Emblem DARK CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO BEANS 2.25oz (64g) UPC: 0504428576601
- CVS Gold Emblem Dark Chocolate Espresso Bean 5oz (142g), UPC: 050428513583
- CVS Gold Emblem Dark Chocolate Covered Ginger 9oz (255g), UPC: 050428540220
- CVS Gold Emblem Dark Chocolate Berries 8oz (227 g), UPC: 0 50428 54100 5
- Candy Break Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans 2.75oz (78g), UPC:024354650049
- Ocean State Candy Break Dark Chocolate Ginger 9oz (255g), UPC:024354501006
- Ocean State Candy Break Dark Chocolate Powerberries 9oz (255g), UPC: 024354501105
- Hannaford Excellent Espresso Beans 2.75oz (78g), UPC: 041268206414
- Market Basket Dark Chocolate Espresso Bean 3oz (85g), UPC: 049705168240
- Market Basket Dark Chocolate Almonds 11oz (311g), UPC: 049705169650
- Weigels Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans 2.75oz (78g), UPC: 024354705206
No illnesses have been reported to date.
The recall was initiated after New American Food Products, LLC received notification from our supplier GKI Foods of a recall due to undeclared Milk allergen present in the dark chocolate. Consumers who have purchased any of these items are urged to destroy the product. Consumers with questions may contact New American Food Products, LLC at 978-682-1855, Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm.
* We believe that none of the product being recalled were processed or offered through the Feeding America national office.
For full details on the recall along with product photos, please visit this FDA web page.