Lehi Valley Trading Company Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanut Allergen in Yogurt Raisins - 2/21/22
Company Announcement Date:
February 17, 2022
FDA Publish Date:
February 17, 2022
Food & Beverages
Reason for Announcement:
Lehi Valley Trading Company
Snack Worthy, Woody’s Smokehouse, Texas Best Smokehouse
In cooperation with the FDA Lehi Valley Trading Company of Mesa, Arizona is issuing a nationwide recall of 8,10 and 12.3 oz packages of Yogurt Raisins, because it may contain undeclared Peanut Allergen. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to Peanut Allergens run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
Yogurt Raisins in question are
- Snack-Worthy 10 oz Yogurt Raisins, UPC 7911400668 with Best By date 09/12/22 and Lot Code 222268 packaged in a clear tub with front and back labels.
- Woody’s Smokehouse 12.3 oz Yogurt Raisins, UPC 9524865531 with Best By date Aug 23, 2022 packaged in a clear plastic bag with front and back labels.
- Texas Best Smokehouse 8 oz Yogurt Raisins, UPC 9524832055 with Best By date Aug 23, 2022 packaged in a clear plastic bag with front label
To date, no illness, sickness, or symptoms have been reported from product coming to or from Lehi Valley Trading Company.
The nationwide recall was initiated after it was discovered that equipment used to package this product may have come in contact with product containing Peanut Allergens.
Consumers who have purchased 10 oz Snack-Worthy Yogurt Raisins with lot code 222268 are urged to return the product to the place of purchase for a full refund Please direct all concerns to our Customer Service Department at (480)-684-1430 Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM MST
* We believe that none of the product being recalled were processed or offered through the national office
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
About Feeding America Recall Notices
The Feeding America national office issues notifications of all national Class I and II recalls–those involving a health hazard situation in which there is reasonable probability that eating the food will cause health problems or death–and other recalls that may affect the safety of food supplied to network members.
The national office strongly encourages all member product solicitors, operations managers, and others involved in food and grocery distribution to regularly consult resources provided by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) at http://www.fda.gov/opacom/7alerts.html, and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) at http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/index.asp. Additionally, members can often receive information on national, state, and local recalls by contacting their local health departments.
Feeding America National Office
35 E. Wacker Drive, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60601