Harmonic Nature Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Hand Sanitizer Due to the Presence of 1-Propanol - 9/1/20
Company Announcement Date:
August 14, 2020
FDA Publish Date:
August 28, 2020
Reason for Announcement:
Product contains 1 propanol
HARMONIC NATURE S. DE R.L. Mi
Guadalupe, Nuevo Leon, Harmonic Nature is voluntarily recalling all 800 bottles Hand Sanitizer, 250mL, product due to the potential presence of 1-propanol. The products have been tested and found to contain 1 propanol.
Risk Statement: Any amount of 1-propanol with a concentration greater than or equal to 1% by volume that is unlisted in a product labeled as an ethanol-based hand sanitizer has a reasonable probability of acute toxicity from ingestion which can cause central nervous system depression, which could result in death, permanent impairment, or necessitate medical or surgical intervention. Populations most at risk include individual with alcohol addiction and adolescents, who have been known to ingest ethanol-based antiseptic rubs intentionally to become intoxicated, as well as infants and children who may unintentionally ingest the defective product. Harmonic Nature has not received any reports of adverse events related to this recall.
The product is used as a hand sanitizer and is packaged in 250 mL plastic bottles , with UPC Code 7500462892210. The product can be identified by Harmonic Nature as a hand sanitizer Topical Solution distributed only to and currently on hold at the US custom bróker, Aquiles INC.
Harmonic Nature is notifying Aquiles INC. and is arranging for return of all recalled product. Consumers with questions regarding this recall can contact Harmonic Nature by +(52) 8120 2967 03 or firstname.lastname@example.org Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00pm central time. Consumers should contact their physician or healthcare provider if they have experienced any problems that may be related to taking or using this drug product.
Adverse reactions or quality problems experienced with the use of this product may be reported to the FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either online, by regular mail or by fax.
- Complete and submit the report Online
- Regular Mail or Fax: Download formor call 1- 800-332-1088 to request a reporting form, then complete and return to the address on the pre-addressed form, or submit by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178
This recall is being conducted with the knowledge of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Company Contact Information
+52 8120 2967 03
* We believe that none of the product being recalled were processed or offered through the national office
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
About Feeding America Recall Notices
The Feeding America national office issues notifications of all national Class I and II recalls–those involving a health hazard situation in which there is reasonable probability that eating the food will cause health problems or death–and other recalls that may affect the safety of food supplied to network members.
The national office strongly encourages all member product solicitors, operations managers, and others involved in food and grocery distribution to regularly consult resources provided by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) at http://www.fda.gov/opacom/7alerts.html, and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) at http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/index.asp. Additionally, members can often receive information on national, state, and local recalls by contacting their local health departments.
Feeding America National Office
35 E. Wacker Drive, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60601