Green Dining Table, Inc. Recalls Frozen Pork Dumplings Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens - 7/19/21
WASHINGTON, July 16, 2021 – Green Dining Table, Inc., an Alhambra, CA establishment, is recalling approximately 183,330 pounds of frozen pork dumplings due to misbranding and undeclared allergens, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. The product contains milk and coconut, known allergens, which are not declared on the product label.
The frozen pork dumplings were produced between March 22, 2021 and July 14, 2021. The following products are subject to recall [view labels here]:
- 1.5-lb. plastic bag packages containing “HanSang GYOZA, PORK & VEGETABLE” and sell by dates ranging from 3.23.2023 to 7.14.2023.
- 1.5-lb. plastic bag packages containing “HanSang BITE-SIZE DUMPLINGS, PORK & VEGETABLE” and sell by dates ranging from 3.23.2023 to 7.14.2023.
- 1.5-lb. plastic bag packages containing “HanSang CRISPY DUMPLINGS, PORK & VEGETABLE” and sell by dates ranging from 3.23.2023 to 7.14.2023.
- 1.8-lb. plastic bag packages containing “ChoripDong KIMCHI DUMPLING WITH PORK” and sell by dates ranging from 3.23.2023 to 7.14.2023.
- 1.8-lb. plastic bag packages containing “ChoripDong PORK & VEGETABLE DUMPLINGS” and sell by dates ranging from 3.23.2023 to 7.14.2023.
- 4.4-lb. plastic bag packages containing “PAIK’s NOODLE Pork and Vegetable Dumplings” and sell by dates ranging from 3.23.2023 to 7.14.2023.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 45556” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to wholesalers in California, New Jersey, New York, and Washington and then further distributed to retailers. Some of the products were also exported to Canada.
The problem was discovered during routine FSIS in-plant verification activities where FSIS discovered that the milk and coconut ingredients were not listed on the product labels.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
FSIS is concerned that some product may be in consumers’ freezers. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. The retail distribution lists will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers and members of the media with questions about the recall can contact Paul Hahm, Owner, Green Dining Table, Inc., at (323) 262-7500 or email@example.com
* We believe that none of the product being recalled were processed or offered through the national office
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
About Feeding America Recall Notices
The Feeding America national office issues notifications of all national Class I and II recalls–those involving a health hazard situation in which there is reasonable probability that eating the food will cause health problems or death–and other recalls that may affect the safety of food supplied to network members.
The national office strongly encourages all member product solicitors, operations managers, and others involved in food and grocery distribution to regularly consult resources provided by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) at http://www.fda.gov/opacom/7alerts.html, and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) at http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/index.asp. Additionally, members can often receive information on national, state, and local recalls by contacting their local health departments.
Feeding America National Office
35 E. Wacker Drive, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60601