Frickenschmidt Foods LLC Recalls Ready-to-Eat Beef Stick Products Due to Misbranding - 2/23/22
WASHINGTON, Feb. 22, 2022 – Frickenschmidt Foods LLC, a Lockwood, Mo. establishment, is recalling approximately 5,795 pounds of ready-to-eat beef stick products due to misbranding, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. The product contains and declares wheat as an ingredient but has an incorrect statement of “gluten free” on the label.
The ready-to-eat teriyaki beef stick items were packaged on Nov. 30, 2021, Dec. 1, 2021, and Jan. 28, 2021. The following products are subject to recall [view labels]:
- 1.5 oz. individually sealed packages of “HIGH PROTEIN SNACK TERIYAKI BEEF WICKED CUTZ BEEF STICK” with lot code 113022, 120122, or 012823 printed in blue ink on the back of the product package.
The products subject to recall bears establishment number “M33928,” which is printed in blue ink on the back of the product package. These items were shipped to retail locations nationwide and sold through online sales.
The problem was discovered when the distribution company notified the establishment that the product is labeled as “gluten free” but lists wheat in the ingredients statement.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
FSIS is concerned that some product may be in consumers’ pantries. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers.
Consumers and members of the media with questions about the recall can contact Steven Ogden, Production Manager, Frickenschmidt Foods LLC at 417-232-4401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* We believe that none of the product being recalled were processed or offered through the national office
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
About Feeding America Recall Notices
The Feeding America national office issues notifications of all national Class I and II recalls–those involving a health hazard situation in which there is reasonable probability that eating the food will cause health problems or death–and other recalls that may affect the safety of food supplied to network members.
The national office strongly encourages all member product solicitors, operations managers, and others involved in food and grocery distribution to regularly consult resources provided by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) at http://www.fda.gov/opacom/7alerts.html, and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) at http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/index.asp. Additionally, members can often receive information on national, state, and local recalls by contacting their local health departments.
Feeding America National Office
35 E. Wacker Drive, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60601