Damascus Bakery Recalls One Lot of Bantam Classic Bagels - 3/22/22
Company Announcement Date:
March 02, 2022
FDA Publish Date:
March 09, 2022
Food & Beverages
Reason for Announcement:
Damascus Bakery OPCO LLC
Stuffed Bagels with Cream Cheese
NEWARK, New Jersey – March 2, 2022 – Damascus Bakery OPCO LLC is voluntarily recalling one production lot (#12031) of Bantam Classic Bagels due to an incorrect item being placed in the carton with an undeclared egg allergen. People who have an egg allergy run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume the items in this product lot.
Bantam Bagels were distributed to retail stores nationwide via distributors.
All product affected have a best by date of May 27, 2023 which has been printed on the left side of the carton and the top of the bag.
To date, no illnesses related to this recall have been reported. No other Damascus Bakery OPCO LLC or Bantam Bagels products are affected.
Consumers who have purchased the above product(s) are asked to:
- Dispose of the product immediately
- Contact Bantams Bagels Customer Service at 866-451-6744 for a replacement coupon
* We believe that none of the product being recalled were processed or offered through the national office
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
About Feeding America Recall Notices
The Feeding America national office issues notifications of all national Class I and II recalls–those involving a health hazard situation in which there is reasonable probability that eating the food will cause health problems or death–and other recalls that may affect the safety of food supplied to network members.
The national office strongly encourages all member product solicitors, operations managers, and others involved in food and grocery distribution to regularly consult resources provided by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) at http://www.fda.gov/opacom/7alerts.html, and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) at http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/index.asp. Additionally, members can often receive information on national, state, and local recalls by contacting their local health departments.
Feeding America National Office
35 E. Wacker Drive, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60601