Our Nutrition Works team works to provide our clients with recipes detailing how to cook the food that they are bringing home from our mobile markets into delicious meals and treats.
One of the vegetables MANNA distributes across WNC is jicama. The slightly sweet and crunchy root vegetable is sometimes referred to as the “Mexican turnip” and is a staple in Latinx cultures.
To learn how to prepare a nutritious Jicama Salad, watch the video below.
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1/2 cup lime juice
– 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– Wisk together
– 1 medium jicama, peeled and chopped
– 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
– 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
– Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving
– 1 cucharada de aceite de oliva
– 1/2 taza de jugo de lima
– 3 cucharadas de azucar granulada
– 1/4 cucharadita de pimienta de cayena
– 1/2 cucharadita de sal
– Batir juntos
– 1 jicama mediana, pelada y picada
– 1 pimiento rojo mediano, picado
– 1/2 taza de perejil fresco picado
– Deje reposar a temperatura ambient durante
– 30 minutos antes de servir
Trying out a recipe? Tag us on social media!
Share your results with us! If you love to share healthy recipes, make a recipe your own, or simply share your photos, we’d love to see how it turns out. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Happy (and healthy) cooking!