Round Up Campaigns & Community Events
We are so grateful to all of our partners who are helping us during this critical time by providing various ways for people to get involved and help provide meals for neighbors this holiday season. Read through the list below to find out ways you can get involved.
- Harris Teeter’s Harvest Feast Round-Up Campaign (11/2 – 12/27): Harris Teeter shoppers will be invited to Round Up their transaction to the nearest whole dollar at checkout to benefit local hunger relief partners. MANNA will be the recipient of funds raised at the Harris Teeter stores on Merrimon Ave. in Asheville and Spartanburg Hwy. in Hendersonville.
- Food Lions Feeds (11/9 – 12/12): Food Lion stores will be hosting Food Lion Feeds, which is an in-store food drive program where customers have the opportunity to purchase and donate a Food Lion Feeds for the Holidays box of food that will be donated to MANNA FoodBank.
- Ingles Markets’ Ingles Giving Tree (11/21 – 11/22) and Ingles Holiday Icons Sales (11/21/22-1/3/23): The Ingles Giving Tree is a longstanding holiday tradition in WNC. This year’s event will include a tree lighting event, holiday music and a chance to win a $500 Ingles gift card for those who bring non-perishable food donations for MANNA. In addition, Ingles stores across WNC will sell $1 holiday icons at the register, giving Ingles shoppers the opportunity to make a monetary contribution to MANNA at check-out.
- Jus Running’s Turkey Trot (11/24): Jus Running will be hosting their annual Turkey Trot road-race. Runners can register for either the 5K Turkey Trot or the 1-Mile Gobble Wobble. A portion of the proceeds from each registration will benefit MANNA.
- Whole Foods’ Round-Up Campaign (11/30 – 12/20): Whole Foods shoppers are invited to round up their purchase to the nearest dollar. Whole Foods will also match a donation to MANNA when a customer buys a locally made product.
- The Riveter’s “Give with The Riv” Community Climb Challenge (12/8): The Riveter is setting up Everest Base Camp right here in WNC, with a goal of collectively climbing the full 29,032 feet to the peak of Mount Everest. For each foot climbed, sponsors and climbers can support MANNA with a donation. More information at riveternc.com.
- Asheville Plays 2nd Annual Winter Wonder Walk (12/9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18): Asheville Plays will donate to MANNA $1 from every ticket sold for their live-action, immersive story-walk on an outdoor trail complete with live characters, lights, local shopping, and a ropes course. More information at winterwonderwalk.com.
- DSSOLVR Brewing’s Annual Chili Cook-off (12/18): A portion of the proceeds of the annual chili cook-off will be donated to MANNA. More information at dssolvr.com.