Hops For Hunger: Raise A Glass, Feed A Family
Visit our dedicated local craft breweries and cideries who are helping us fill plates this July!
In Western North Carolina, more than 100,000 people every year experience food insecurity. But with the help of our local craft beverage industry, during the month of July, you can help get food to our neighbors who don’t know where their next meal will come from.
Hops for Hunger aligns the local brewing industry with local anti-hunger efforts. How are we turning beer into food? Well, for every dollar donated through this campaign, you are helping provide 3.5 meals to families in WNC! It really is that simple. This is the third year of this campaign, and we want to really show our partners the MANNA love! We are so grateful to the 26 local breweries and cideries who are already on board for this year’s campaign.
Last year’s campaign helped provide over 48,000 meals!
We love how simple this campaign really is: Local craft breweries designate a beer to be the Hops for Hunger benefit beer. For every pour of this beer, the brewery donates $1 to MANNA FoodBank. And MANNA turns that $1 into enough food for more than THREE MEALS.
It’s Three Simple Steps:
- Visit a local brewery or cidery listed below.
- Try their benefit beer for MANNA or visit on their pint night.
- Buy a Beer! For every dollar donated through the campaign, you’ve helped provide 3.5 meals!
Hops for Hunger: The Real Impact
What are local craft beers and ciders helping to achieve through this campaign? Check out this video to see!
Participating Breweries and Cideries
Every Day in July…
*Every day in July, you can visit these breweries and help out the Hops for Hunger campaign by drinking their designated benefit beer!
- All Sevens Brewing: English Mild
- Bhramari Brewhouse: Lorelai IPA
- Blue Ghost Brewing: (Benefit beer release is 7/26, benefit runs while the beer lasts!)
- Catawba Brewing (South Slope and Biltmore Village locations): Brut Gose
- Eluvium Brewing Company: Rotating benefit tap
- French Broad River Brewery: Every beer benefits MANNA!!
- Ginger’s Revenge: All Summer Herbal Ginger Beer Series
- Highland Brewing Company: Mandarina IPA
- Hi-Wire Brewing (Big Top and South Slope locations)
- Innovation Brewing: Hoppy Blonde Ale
- Lazy Hiker Brewing Company: Headlamp Black IPA
- One World Brewing (downtown location): Hempin’ Ain’t Easy
- Pisgah Brewing Company: Greybeard IPA
- Sanctuary Brewing: Haze-iversary IPA
- UpCountry Brewing Company: Black Currant Gose
- Urban Orchard (West AVL and South Slope locations): Tainted Love Raspberry Cider
- Wedge Brewing Company (Foundation location): India Blonde Ale
- Whistle Hop Brewing Company: Signal Red Saison
Special Dates in July…
- July 1 – 7: BearWaters Brewing (Canton) Paper Town Pilsner benefits MANNA
- July 4: Catawba Brewing (South Slope) Tiki Party and MANNA Benefit!
- July 6: New Belgium: Taproom tips donated to MANNA for the day
- July 15: Hillman Beer: Pint Night! $1 from every beer sold benefits MANNA
- July 17 & 18: Noble Cider: $1 of Hopped Cider pours benefits MANNA
- July 17: Oskar Blues Brewing (Brevard) Pint Night! 10% of sales benefits MANNA
- July 21 – 28: Balsam Falls Brewing (Sylva) Select beer benefits MANNA
- July 29: The Casual Pint: Pint Night! 10% of sales benefits MANNA
We’ll see you at the brewery! CHEERS!