COVID-19 PARTNER AGENCY RESOURCES
We are grateful to our Agency Partners who are working hard to address needs during the COVID-19 pandemic. MANNA FoodBank is leveraging every resource to get food into the hands of our Partner Agencies and the communities they serve.
We ask you remain in constant contact with our team regarding any changes to your operations. MANNA FoodBank is tracking changes to Agency Partner hours and operations to share with the public and other community resources like 211.
Please review the below linked PDF spreadsheet to confirm your hours and distribution are up to date. Reach out to the Agency Relations Team with updates and include the following:
1. Have you changed your distribution dates or hours of distribution?
2. Will you be shifting to a different style of food distribution? (Example: Drive through
or pre-boxed food)
3. Do you need volunteers from the community?
(Updated as of 7.7.20 at 4:00 PM EST)
MANNA Zone Coordinator Information:
Amy Sims, Western Zone Outreach Coordinator – 828-399-1147,
Kaitlyn Smith, Eastern Zone Outreach Coordinator – 434-806-9965,
Leah Cormier, Buncombe County Outreach Coordinator– 828-774-5915,
Chris Rainwater, Agency Relations Coordinator – 828-299-3663 x1272,
*If you are unsure who your Zone Coordinator is, please reach out to Chris Rainwater.
MANNA Operations Updates
As of now, all deliveries will remain as scheduled. We are unable to accommodate additional deliveries outside an agency’s standard delivery date and time.
We have shifted shifting all agency shopping from the sales floor to our online ordering system, as of March 23rd, 2020. This means that you will be able to pick up orders placed online that you normally would have shopped for in person. The produce and bread items you normally pick up on the sales floor will be available via the online ordering system.
Online orders will be available for pick up on your usual assigned day and time at our distribution warehouse. This is the building in the same lot, right beside your usual pick up location, at 623 Swannanoa River Road.
When arriving check in with staff just inside the door of the distribution warehouse and then wait in your vehicle for your order to be brought to your vehicle by MANNA staff.
Your bread, produce, and perishables will then be pick up in your usual location. Let MANNA staff know that you have arrived in the waiting room and then return to your vehicle to wait for MANNA staff to bring your order out to your vehicle.
If you need further assistance with our ordering system or with your user name and password please reach out to Chris Rainwater, our Agency Relations Coordinator, with the above contact information and he will be happy to assist you with any issues you may be having.
As always, if you have questions or concerns regarding this change or any other changes please contact us.
MANNA FoodBank & Feeding America Food Distribution Best Practices
- Be vigilant about sanitizing surfacing and hand washing.
- Ensure that volunteers and staff with symptoms stay home.
- Increase the intensity and frequency of your cleaning schedule and use disinfectants on surfaces including door handles, railings, and counters. The use of a bleach solution has been shown to be effective against COVID-19 pathogens.
2) Stay open for food distribution if possible, moving to the following models where you can:
- Host “drive-through” mobile pantries where clients drive a vehicle through a distribution line. Consult local law enforcement to ensure proper traffic control is available.
- Shift to “to-go meals” for meal sites
- Schedule appointments to limit the number of people congregating at a pantry site at one time. This may require cell phone numbers or emails information from clients. The following free tools are not customized for operations – however, they may prove helpful:
- Calendly.com – Free scheduling site
- Remind.com – Free text or email system for teachers. Set up a “classroom” per time slot or per distribution.
- Suspend operations from client choice to food box distribution
3) Relax TEFAP and other intake paperwork to limit person-to-person interaction.
4) Protech Volunteers and Staff
- The CDC now recommends wearing facemask or cloth facial coverings in addition to social distancing
- CDC Guide for Homemade face coverings and how to properly wear face coverings
- CDC Guide on how to properly remove gloves to prevent contamination
Review All COVID-19 Partner email communications
March 12, 2020 – Initial COVID-19 Response to Partner Agencies
March 16, 2020 – Closing MANNA Shopping Floor, All Orders Moved Online
March 18, 2020 – Contact-free Distribution Practices
March 20, 2020 – Funding Opportunities for Emergency Resources
March 23, 2020 – Operations Updates, Ordering and Delivery Changes and Answers
March 25, 2020 – CEO Message to Partner Agencies
March 31, 2020 – Product and Item Code Changes
April 3, 2020 – FEMA Public Assistance Program Information & Funding Resources
April 7, 2020 – Low Contact Food Distribution and Food Lion Funding
For additional updates, please sign up for MANNA’s COVID-19 Daily Updates email.
Join our Partner Agency text alert system to receive communications right to your smart phone: Text APPLE to 828-348-5883