Thank you for your interest in working for MANNA. There is 1 job opening available – please scroll down.
To apply for an available position:
Below you’ll find a MANNA job application. Please fill it out completely, and return it by fax (828-299-3664); by mail (627 Swannanoa River Rd., Asheville NC 28805); or by e-mail to the address listed in the job description, along with your resume and cover letter. You can also drop off your application at MANNA’s front desk.
PDF application: manna-job-application-packet-1-11
Word document application: manna-job-application-packet-1-11
If your computer permits, try this manna-application-fillable-form-7-13-12; fill in the required fields and print the document. Saving is not enabled.
MANNA FOOD BANK JOB POSTING 10-24-14
Position Title: Food Sourcing Coordinator
Position: 20 hours per week
Reports to: Food Sourcing Director
Job Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred; excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communications and customer service skills, required. Aptitude for project management and experience in food industry would be very beneficial. Must be able to work independently and collaboratively. Must be detail oriented, with ability to organize, prioritize, and exercise sound judgment. Local travel required — must possess a current driver’s license. Occasional evening and weekend assignments. Desire to make a difference in the lives of people in need.
General Description of the Position: To assist in the procurement of food and grocery inventories for MANNA FoodBank from the food industry.
Oversight of other Persons/Positions: Cross-departmental collaboration and volunteer management as needed
Principal Activities of the Position:
1. Cultivate food donors in the local retail grocery industry throughout Western North Carolina. Build and strengthen relationships with store managers and staff. Conduct regular visits, provide customer service, and develop a retail donor recognition plan.
2. Ensure that food that could be donated is not being wasted and that each store is donating in all eligible categories. Provide technical assistance when there are issues or concerns with the donation program.
3. Assist and train MANNA partner agencies in best practices of the retail recovery program. Make sure food donations are being handled properly and distributed in a safe manner. Ensure that all agencies working within the program meet program food safety and reporting expectations.
4. Conduct ongoing donor and inventory reporting and analysis. Ensure accurate donor records.
5. Assist with food purchase program by working with vendors to identify low- cost staple food goods. Prepare, place and track food orders.
6. Provide a support role in conjunction with all food sourcing functions.
7. Other duties as requested.
Date job description edited: 10/22/2014
Every employee must subscribe to the “Statement of Philosophy” and the “Mission Statement” of MANNA FoodBank. Employees must also adhere to MANNA’s “Drug and Alcohol Policy.” These documents are on file in the office of Finance and Human Resources.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume or application by e-mail, mail or fax to:
627 Swannanoa River Rd.
Asheville, NC 28805
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
DEADLINE: Until position is filled