Thank you for your interest in working at MANNA FoodBank. There is 1 open position at this time.
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: MANNA WAREHOUSE MANAGER – 8/19/16
Reports to Operations Director
IMPORTANT: To apply for this job, please submit a cover letter and resume via email only, addressed to the MANNA Human Resources Director at: email@example.com
- Please, no phone calls or faxes.
- Application deadline is 8/31/16.
MANNA FoodBank is seeking a dedicated professional to fill the role of Warehouse Manager to join us in our mission of working to end hunger in Western North Carolina.
Position Summary: The Warehouse Manager is responsible for all aspects of MANNA’s warehouse including: inventory control, receipting, and invoicing; maintaining the warehouse in a clean, organized manner suitable for the storage and handling of food items; fleet management, supervising and training all staff and volunteers assigned to the Warehouse; maintaining all pertinent records and providing required reports regarding inventory handling and control; providing a meaningful, productive experience for staff and volunteers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall operation of the warehouse in accordance with MANNA and Feeding America guidelines.
- Provide direction, training, and supervision of staff and volunteers in all areas of the warehouse.
- Keep accurate records of incoming product, shipped product, transferred product and disposal.
- Direct the proper handling and storage of all product including: order picking, receiving, transferring, and transforming of product.
- Maintain warehouse and related areas in a clean, sanitary, organized condition.
- Coordinate with Food Sourcing on the purchasing of product for use in various MANNA programs such as SNAP, Co-op Buying, FEMA, Food Drive, etc.
- Oversee the receiving of product from all sources and generation and maintenance of all necessary records relating to product receipt, distribution, warehousing, transportation and disposal in accordance with Feeding America’s guidelines, AIB guidelines and those of all regulating bodies.
- Coordinate product movement from donors/vendors into MANNA facilities and all outbound product movement to agencies and other food banks including clear communication with Receiving/IC Coordinator, Product Planning/IT Coordinator, Order Pickers, and Drivers/Warehouse Assistant.
- Provide supervision, education, and training for directs reports and volunteers along with other designated staff.
- Able to supervise and direct simultaneous projects.
- Assist in other work areas and with other projects as directed by the Operations Director.
- Off-load incoming trucks, count and verify product, complete related paperwork using computer software, tag and put away product into rack locations.
- Load outbound trucks and complete related paperwork.
- Schedule pickups and deliveries using MANNA vehicles. Provide exceptional customer service to our donors and partner agencies.
- Responsible for the use of truck routing software to gain the most efficient use of MANNA vehicles.
- Responsible for efficient movement of product (inventory turns) and proper storage and distribution of dated products (FIFO, FEFO).
- Responsible for adapting and leading staff through ever changing priorities and challenges.
- High school graduation or GED required, college degree preferred
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in warehouse operations, inventory management, supervision and managing a team strongly preferred.
- Copy of current driver’s license required; copy of current auto insurance; and clean MVR required
- CDL, class B OR the ability and willingness to obtain a CDL
- Must be able to effectively and pleasantly communicate with a diverse group of volunteers, staff and visitors
- Must have strong computer skills
- Must be proficient in multi-tasking, problem solving, and team building
- Must be able to direct staff and volunteers in achieving the goals of the department and MANNA
- Must be organized, accurate and efficient in performing work duties
- Proficient in warehouse safety a must
- Must be proficient in the use of load-handling equipment including but not limited to forklifts, reach trucks, and electric pallet jacks
- Strategic thinker who seeks out opportunities for continuous process improvements
- A desire to educate and inspire others in the mission of MANNA FoodBank
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Enjoys working with people
- Truck routing and fleet management experience a plus
- Food safety knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of food bank operations a plus
Working Conditions: This position works in a warehouse setting that can be at times, hot or cold depending on the season.
This is a fast paced hands-on physical work environment. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to moderately loud within the Warehouse.
Physical Demands: Position requires the ability to frequently lift and transport 40+lbs, operation of manual pallet jacks with the ability to manage loads in excess of 2000lbs. This includes pushing and pulling of product throughout the warehouse. While performing job duties the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and move objects as described above. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Minimal, but routine travel is required within the service area.
Current driver’s license required; copy of current auto insurance; and clean MVR required.
Mission: MANNA’s mission is to involve, educate, and unite people in the work of ending hunger in Western North Carolina
Vision: A hunger-free Western North Carolina