Thank you for your interest in working at MANNA. There is 1 opening available as of 8/28/15. You’ll find a MANNA job application at the bottom of this page.
Please note: We are no longer accepting applications for the following positions: Warehouse Manager; Volunteer Center Coordinator; Communications & Marketing Director; Food Sourcing Coordinator; and HR Director. We do hope you continue to check this page for future job openings.
MANNA FOOD BANK JOB POSTING
MAINTENANCE ASSOCIATE/DRIVER – 7/29/15
Position: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Reports to: Facilities & Safety Manager
Job Qualifications: Must be able to assist staff and volunteers in achieving the goals of MANNA FoodBank. Must be organized, accurate, and efficient in performing work duties. Must be dependable. High school graduate or GED required. Must possess a valid North Carolina Driver License with no insurance points. Must have the ability to perform maintenance and repair work on vehicles, equipment, and facilities using hand and power tools.
General Description of the Position:
The Maintenance Associate is responsible for performing maintenance/repair duties as outlined below and serve as fill-in driver for pickups/deliveries as needed.
Oversight of other persons/positions: Volunteers, as needed.
Principal Activities – Maintenance Associate:
1. Perform general warehouse maintenance including (but not limited to): sweeping, mopping, general custodial duties, pest control duties, equipment safety checks, daily temperature logs, daily forklift inspections.
2. Responsible for routine maintenance and cleaning of all offices and restrooms.
3. Perform general maintenance and minor repairs on: MANNA vehicles (trucks, cars); equipment (i.e. MHE (material handling equipment), warehouse equipment & machinery); facilities including general carpentry, painting, and plumbing. Work in conjunction with the Facilities & Safety Manager in performing these duties and make recommendations when such duties need to be outsourced.
4. Maintains accurate maintenance and vehicle inspection logs to ensure that vehicles and equipment are in safe, dependable operating condition. Perform routine preventative maintenance on all MANNA vehicles and MHE. Communicate any vehicle problems or concerns with the Facilities & Safety Manager as soon as possible so that appropriate repairs may be made.
5. Responsible for safe operation of manual and power tools, utilizing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and maintaining a safe work area.
6. Responsible for routine lawn care for MANNA campus.
7. Assist other MANNA staff in any areas related to food drives, fund raising, and other special events as deemed necessary by Facilities & Safety Manager.
Principal Activities – Driver:
1. Make local pickups and deliveries of donated product; make pickups from and deliveries to other food banks and donors within North Carolina and surrounding states. Verify counts of product being picked up or delivered with corresponding documents (bills of lading, invoices, transfer sheets, receipts, etc.) and submit such documents to appropriate staff; oversee proper loading of vehicle with regard to weight distribution/ capacity and securing of load.
2. Maintain accurate mileage, maintenance and vehicle inspection logs to ensure that vehicles are in safe, dependable operating condition. Perform routine preventative maintenance on all MANNA vehicles. Communicate any vehicle problems or concerns with the Facilities & Safety Manager as soon as possible so that appropriate repairs may be made.
3. Perform duties associated with assigned Mobile Delivery routes to partner agencies including: overseeing proper loading of vehicle with regard to weight distribution, securing load, and delivery sequence; confirming all scheduled orders are on board; physically offloading all product on board; verifying delivery of product on order sheets; submitting completed order sheets for invoicing to appropriate staff.
4. Assist in unloading incoming product, sorting by category, completion of related paperwork and storing product in designated locations under direction of Warehouse Manager.
Special job-specific requirements:
1. Criminal background check is required.
2. Valid driver license.
3. Must be able to satisfy MANNA’s insurer with regard to having and maintaining a safe driving record.
4. Subject to drug testing
E-mail, FAX or mail application to:
Rudi Sommer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MANNA Food Bank
627 Swannanoa River Rd
Asheville, NC 28805
Updated: May 2015
Every MANNA FoodBank employee must subscribe to the “Statement of Philosophy” and the “Mission Statement” of MANNA FoodBank. Employees must also adhere to MANNA’s “Drug and Alcohol Policy”. These documents are on file in the Office of Finance and Human Resources.
TO APPLY FOR AN AVAILABLE MANNA POSITION:
Below you’ll find a MANNA job application. Please fill it out completely, and return it by fax (828-299-3664); by mail (627 Swannanoa River Rd., Asheville NC 28805); or by e-mail to the address listed in the job description, along with your resume and cover letter. You can also drop off your application at MANNA’s front desk between 8 am and 4 pm.